Family iCloud shared plan

If I choose to use the shared plan, all my data from my existing 50 GB storage will be moved automatically to the shared plan? Or I should back up them and next transfer them to a shared family plan?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 9:36 AM

If you share an iCloud storage plan you continue to use your own Apple ID and your data continues to be accessed in the same way as always. Your data is not transferred anywhere. Only the amount of storage available and the billing change.

For more information about sharing iCloud storage, see the following: Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2023 9:36 AM in response to leszekn54

If you share an iCloud storage plan you continue to use your own Apple ID and your data continues to be accessed in the same way as always. Your data is not transferred anywhere. Only the amount of storage available and the billing change.

For more information about sharing iCloud storage, see the following: Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

Jun 27, 2023 9:54 AM in response to FoxFifth

Ok fine, txh. My case is:

1. I extend my iCloud to 200 GB
  2. I activated the family plan
  3. My daughter has been invited by me to the family plan but now she has her own iCloud with 50 GB.
  4. What will happen with her data after accepting my invitation?
    1. Does the data stay on her 50 GB plan or they will automatically move to the family pack?
    2. Or will she lose all her data after joining a family plan?
    3. Or maybe she should back up all her data locally and next transfer them to a family plan?

Family iCloud shared plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.