Related Article: Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown

What is all this about photo stream shutting down ? I will lose my photos on my phone ?

What is all this talk about losing photos ? What is photo stream ? Will I lose my photos I took on my phone ?

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 11:25 AM

My Photo Stream is shutting down on July 26, 2023. Learn more about this transition and how to keep your photos up to date across all your devices and safely stored in iCloud. Read this support article --> Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown - Apple Support

"My Photo Stream" was a precursor to iCloud Photos. Most people have never used it or have since transitioned to iCloud. If you don't see a My Photo Stream folder/album in iCloud Photos you don't use it and don't have to do anything.

1) Go to: Settings

2) Choose Your Name / AppleID

3) Go to iCloud

4) Go to Photos

5) See if you have My Photo Stream. If you do, read the suport article about what to do.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2023 11:25 AM in response to Answersplease1234

My Photo Stream is shutting down on July 26, 2023. Learn more about this transition and how to keep your photos up to date across all your devices and safely stored in iCloud. Read this support article --> Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown - Apple Support

"My Photo Stream" was a precursor to iCloud Photos. Most people have never used it or have since transitioned to iCloud. If you don't see a My Photo Stream folder/album in iCloud Photos you don't use it and don't have to do anything.

1) Go to: Settings

2) Choose Your Name / AppleID

3) Go to iCloud

4) Go to Photos

5) See if you have My Photo Stream. If you do, read the suport article about what to do.

What is all this about photo stream shutting down ? I will lose my photos on my phone ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.