Related Article: Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is My Photo Stream?

What is My Photo Stream and how do I know if I have it?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 12:55 PM

My Photo Stream is shutting down on July 26, 2023. Learn more about this transition and how to keep your photos up to date across all your devices and safely stored in iCloud by reading this support article --> Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown - Apple Support

"My Photo Stream" is an old precursor to iCloud Photos dating from 2011. Many people have never used it or have since transitioned to iCloud. If you don't see a My Photo Stream folder/album in iCloud Photos you don't use it and don't have to do anything.

1) Go to: Settings

2) Choose Your Name / AppleID

3) Go to iCloud

4) Go to Photos

5) See if you have My Photo Stream. If you do, read the suport article about what to do.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2023 12:55 PM in response to Cea_r

My Photo Stream is shutting down on July 26, 2023. Learn more about this transition and how to keep your photos up to date across all your devices and safely stored in iCloud by reading this support article --> Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown - Apple Support

"My Photo Stream" is an old precursor to iCloud Photos dating from 2011. Many people have never used it or have since transitioned to iCloud. If you don't see a My Photo Stream folder/album in iCloud Photos you don't use it and don't have to do anything.

1) Go to: Settings

2) Choose Your Name / AppleID

3) Go to iCloud

4) Go to Photos

5) See if you have My Photo Stream. If you do, read the suport article about what to do.

Jul 5, 2023 5:33 PM in response to Limnos

You’re sending out info. on the 27th regarding it shutting down on the 26th? that doesn’t make sense. Must not be real humans here, anyway, I have the same problem I don’t know how to access it because they didn’t send it to the correct email. I’ve never use the iCloud email but they elected. to send it to that email and I didn’t get it in time so what do I do now? ?

What is My Photo Stream?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.