Apple TV new internet provider

I changed Internet provider, and when I tried to change the Apple TV to the new network, it finds the new network however won’t let me enter a password, and instead provides an error message that I entered the wrong password.

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 3:52 PM

What is your model Apple TV?

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Find your Apple TV model number - Apple Support

1. Try the steps as mentioned in: If your Apple TV can't connect to Wi-Fi - Apple Support
  2. Try the ‘Other…’ option instead of selecting a listed discovered network. Especially if the password has been changed.
  3. For Apple TV (4th generation or earlier), verify that the router or access point isn’t set to use WPA3, as only device models from ~2018 or later support that. Instead use ‘WPA2/WPA3 Transitional’. Some users report that they first had to set ‘WPA2’-only, to get it accepted.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2023 3:52 PM in response to Tomoonifly

What is your model Apple TV?

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Find your Apple TV model number - Apple Support

1. Try the steps as mentioned in: If your Apple TV can't connect to Wi-Fi - Apple Support
  2. Try the ‘Other…’ option instead of selecting a listed discovered network. Especially if the password has been changed.
  3. For Apple TV (4th generation or earlier), verify that the router or access point isn’t set to use WPA3, as only device models from ~2018 or later support that. Instead use ‘WPA2/WPA3 Transitional’. Some users report that they first had to set ‘WPA2’-only, to get it accepted.

Apple TV new internet provider

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.