Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Transfer from XR to iPhone 13 failed

Hi! I have transferred my old phone to my new one, but although all apps are there and I can send iMessages, I have no phone signal at all. How did it go wrong? Would really appreciate any help! I did request to transfer my number and bought a new 5G enabled sim. Have now managed to erase all data on my original phone thinking that was the last step to get it working. Panicking! Thank you!

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 4:18 PM

Boosparkle wrote:

Hi! I have transferred my old phone to my new one, but although all apps are there and I can send iMessages, I have no phone signal at all. How did it go wrong? Would really appreciate any help! I did request to transfer my number and bought a new 5G enabled sim. Have now managed to erase all data on my original phone thinking that was the last step to get it working. Panicking! Thank you!

Well your new phone needs to be activated by your phone carrier in order to use their feature.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2023 4:18 PM in response to Boosparkle

Boosparkle wrote:

Well your new phone needs to be activated by your phone carrier in order to use their feature.

Transfer from XR to iPhone 13 failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.