no edit songs listed in albumns under ellipse??

Why on earth would Apple remove the edit option an albumn? Doesn't it occur to them people may want to rearrange the order of the songs?

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 4:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 8:52 AM

You don't need to delete the playlists and add the songs manually! All you need to do is create a new empty playlist within Apple Music.

Open this playlist back up and tap Add to Playlist... and select the empty playlist you just created.

Once the songs are added to the newly created playlist, you should see the Edit button again and can delete this old playlist.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2023 8:52 AM in response to reconscout2

You don't need to delete the playlists and add the songs manually! All you need to do is create a new empty playlist within Apple Music.

Open this playlist back up and tap Add to Playlist... and select the empty playlist you just created.

Once the songs are added to the newly created playlist, you should see the Edit button again and can delete this old playlist.

Jun 27, 2023 5:02 PM in response to reconscout2

Hello reconscout2,

From the options I see, you do not own this playlist. This appears to be a playlist you downloaded to your Library via a family member or friend's profile or a searchable playlist within Apple Music.

You cannot, to my knowledge, re arrange the songs, add songs, or remove songs from someone else's playlist. This is a feature coming in iOS 17 (coming this Fall) if invited.

If you open one of your own playlists, you will see the Edit button.

Jun 28, 2023 2:28 AM in response to reconscout2

Hello! It’s not possible to edit an album. Although, in the menu that you’ve shown in your screenshot, you can add the album to its own playlist by tapping Add to a Playlist > New Playlist…. You can then edit and rearrange the songs within the playlist you just created by tapping the three dots at the top right > Edit.

Take care!

Jul 3, 2023 8:46 AM in response to Seallbay

Thank you both for your answers, sorry for the late delayed response. I didn't use someone elses playlist, they are the ones I had on my iphone for years. I think it has something to do with my purchase of the iPhone 14 Pro awhile ago. And that I had a previous backup, about 6 weeks old that I tried to restore from. I had app on their with data I could only get from the app, and the restore kept failing as soon as it started. Both were iOS 15.x but I gave up afterthe repeatedly failed. And then it had a series of problems with the music library (that I moved all my music from C: drive to D: to keep it from filling up c:). Then I got instructions that I needed to make a new library by iTunes, and that fixed it). Sorry for the long winded explanation, but I want to make sure I listed what I did in case it affected this.

I was puzzled on why the "Edit" was not there for just me. I will delete both playlists, then add the songs again, to get the edit back so I can rearrange them. I believe that is what I need to do from both of your explainations.

And a side not, any typos in here are of course from me, but strangely, there is nothing showing me I spelled anything wrong in this reply window, lol.

Thank you both. I will post back what happens. Have a great Independence day!

Don

no edit songs listed in albumns under ellipse??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.