iPhone photos stored in iCloud

Message "Photos and videos synced from Finder will be removed. Syncing photos and videos via Finder is not supported when iCloud Photos is turned on." I haven't got a Mac, I have an iPad, there were some photos of my old iPhone in there. Does this message means my photos stored in my iPhone Library which were also in my iPad will be removed from my iPhone if I turn on iCloud Photos now?

Please help.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 5:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 11:01 PM

28JuneTang wrote:

Syncing photos and videos via Finder is not supported when iCloud Photos is turned on.

Important: If you already use iCloud Photos on your Mac and devices, your photos are updated automatically. You can’t use the syncing method described here unless you turn off iCloud Photos in Photos preferences. 

See the pic below which is self-explanatory

Enabling iCloud for Photos, Notes, Videos, Reminders, Messages, and more, as depicted in the provided picture below, means that if you delete any or all data from one device, it will also be removed from iCloud and all other devices linked to the same Apple ID. Likewise, the reverse is true as well.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2023 11:01 PM in response to 28JuneTang

28JuneTang wrote:

Syncing photos and videos via Finder is not supported when iCloud Photos is turned on.

Important: If you already use iCloud Photos on your Mac and devices, your photos are updated automatically. You can’t use the syncing method described here unless you turn off iCloud Photos in Photos preferences. 

See the pic below which is self-explanatory

Enabling iCloud for Photos, Notes, Videos, Reminders, Messages, and more, as depicted in the provided picture below, means that if you delete any or all data from one device, it will also be removed from iCloud and all other devices linked to the same Apple ID. Likewise, the reverse is true as well.

iPhone photos stored in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.