Deleting iCloud Photos from one device and then syncing with multiple devices

I have two iPhone devices connected to iCloud as well as a MacBook Air.

I’ve deleted roughly 7,000 photos and videos off one iPhone over the last few days since my iCloud storage was full.

Now, the photos only appear to have deleted off the one device and iCloud storage still says the same as before deleting.

Will this eventually sync with all devices? Both iPhones are set to ‘sync this iPhone’ in iCloud storage settings.

Thanks in advance!

iPhone 13

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 4:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 7:45 PM

Syncing photos should happen within a few seconds of the delete or change that you made. If your iCloud storage was full, you may need to delete enough photos directly at iCloud.com to have sync work again.

Similar questions

2 replies

Aug 21, 2023 7:56 PM in response to Maddymayy

Maddymayy Said:

"Deleting iCloud Photos from one device and then syncing with multiple devices: [...]I’ve deleted roughly 7,000 photos and videos off one iPhone over the last few days since my iCloud storage was full.[...]"

-------

Locating iCloud Photos and Saving Space:

Download All of iCloud:

If you wanted to, you could download all of iCloud, and then trash what is in there. When trashed, it would be empty, and you will start it anew. Perform my User Tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - User Tip. All would be saved, and would then be removed —photos and all. You would then use Finder to browse all of iCloud. Type the extension of the filetype in the Search Bar located on the top-right corner of a Finder window.

Deleting iCloud Photos from one device and then syncing with multiple devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.