Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting photos from iphone after icloud upload

I have 100 gigs of photos on my iphone 11. I could not transfer all my data to a new iphone 13. Last night I uploaded all 100 gigs of photos to icloud. I can see them on my computer via my icloud login. The photos are still on my phone 11 though which won't allow me to make the transition to a new phone 13. If I delete all the photos on the phone 11, will they also delete from icloud? And, if I sign in to the new phone 13 with my icloud account - will the photos from icloud be available on the new phone 13 since I would be signed into the phone 13 with the same icloud account that has all the photos uploaded from iphone 11?

iPhone 13

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 10:08 AM

housedady wrote:

I have 100 gigs of photos on my iphone 11. I could not transfer all my data to a new iphone 13. Last night I uploaded all 100 gigs of photos to icloud. I can see them on my computer via my icloud login. The photos are still on my phone 11 though which won't allow me to make the transition to a new phone 13. If I delete all the photos on the phone 11, will they also delete from icloud? And, if I sign in to the new phone 13 with my icloud account - will the photos from icloud be available on the new phone 13 since I would be signed into the phone 13 with the same icloud account that has all the photos uploaded from iphone 11?

Read here Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2022 10:08 AM in response to housedady

housedady wrote:

Read here Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Deleting photos from iphone after icloud upload

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.