You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got an email that my Photo Stream will be shut down on July 26, is it real?

I got an email that my photo stream will be shut down on July 26. Is this real or fake and if real what does it mean?Do I need to take some action? Will I lose photos? Is this a true email?

[Re-titled by Moderator]

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 4:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 5:36 PM

It is real. See the details in Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown - Apple Support

2 replies

Jun 30, 2023 1:52 PM in response to misterjc

Have you been using My Photo Stream?

In that case you have to decide how you will be syncing your photos between your devices, after My Photo Stream will no longer be available.

As My Photo Stream has never removed photos from your devices, but only has transferred copies of photos already in your Photos Library to your other devices, you will not lose photos, just a convenient way to transfer your photos over the air on older devices or with older software, that cannot be upgraded to iCloud Photos

If you already have upgraded to iCloud Photos, and have not used My Photo Stream, there is nothing to worry about.

I got an email that my Photo Stream will be shut down on July 26, is it real?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.