You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to fix Screen auto bright issue on my MacBook Pro 14" ?

When watching videos on YouTube my screen starts to adjust brightness and shifts between two shades.it I have unchecked my automatically adjust brightness True Tone and tried multiple start up options but this issue doesn't seem to go away. it happen on safari and chrome

MacBook Pro 14″, 12.3

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 7:33 PM

3 replies

Jun 29, 2023 9:06 PM in response to tbharis

tbharis Said:

"how to fix Screen auto bright issue on my MacBook Pro 14" ?: the automatic adjust brigthtnees = off: and I already turn night shift off, but still it doesn't work"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Troubleshooting Auto-Brightness:

A. Boot into Safe Mode:

When you boot into Safe Mode, items load by default, with certain settings and caches set aside. So, hold down the shift key upon boot. See what happens then.

B. Single-Out this User:

What happens when you create a new Administrator user? Do you still get this error? If not, then it it like an issue with the configurations of the current user. If so, then it is an issue of the macOS, in which case, you'd need to reinstall the macOS.

C. Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be lost. It's just that misplaced items would be placed back to where they should be and corrupt system files would be replaced by clean files. Go Here: Reinstall macOS - Apple Support. Use the third bulleted method: [command + r].  Important: Prior to installing an update or performing a reinstallation, to prevent data loss, be sure to Back up your Mac with Time Machine.

D. Restore from a Backup:

Any recent Backups?: If you backed up your Mac prior to updating it then, restore form it. Sometimes, an update can fail due to power issues, or losing connection to Apple's servers. So, know to always back up your Mac prior to making any major changes to it, successfully as au update. In doing so, you with have something to restore store your Mac from from, should anything go wrong with the upgrade.

how to fix Screen auto bright issue on my MacBook Pro 14" ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.