I was given the phone by a family member and I just factory reset it to my own likings because I left android and this is a old phone so I was wondering if I could get one more time to make a Apple id

I just wanna be in touch with everyone is that a problem

Earlier iPhone models

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 10:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 10:21 PM

_justmagg Said:

"I was given the phone by a family member and I just factory reset it to my own likings because I left android and this is a old phone so I was wondering if I could get one more time to make a Apple id: I just wanna be in touch with everyone is that a problem"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Handovers and Appel ID Creation:

I. Resetting to Factory Settings:

Have your family member reset this iPhone to factory settings, as if you were to sell it. Go here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Have them perform as instructed there, including the backup creation and iCloud logout.

II. Troubleshooting Apple ID Creation:

A. Overview these Links:

B. 3 Accounts Per Device is the Limit:

You can only create 3 Apple IDs per device. So, use a different device to create one --one that has not been used 3 times to create an Apple ID. Consider using a computer to create it, as it would be more user friendly doing so. Important: Consider using a computer to perform this, as it would be more user-friendly doing so.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2023 10:21 PM in response to _justmagg

_justmagg Said:

"I was given the phone by a family member and I just factory reset it to my own likings because I left android and this is a old phone so I was wondering if I could get one more time to make a Apple id: I just wanna be in touch with everyone is that a problem"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Handovers and Appel ID Creation:

I. Resetting to Factory Settings:

Have your family member reset this iPhone to factory settings, as if you were to sell it. Go here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Have them perform as instructed there, including the backup creation and iCloud logout.

II. Troubleshooting Apple ID Creation:

A. Overview these Links:

B. 3 Accounts Per Device is the Limit:

You can only create 3 Apple IDs per device. So, use a different device to create one --one that has not been used 3 times to create an Apple ID. Consider using a computer to create it, as it would be more user friendly doing so. Important: Consider using a computer to perform this, as it would be more user-friendly doing so.

I was given the phone by a family member and I just factory reset it to my own likings because I left android and this is a old phone so I was wondering if I could get one more time to make a Apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.