Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone

last dec i bought a second hand iphone6s online then i make an apple id which i used for almost a year and i reset it because i want to give it to my niece...after resetting i trid to laf in but it does not want...what to do? thanks

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 5:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 5:55 PM

If the Apple ID involved is yours, describe what happens when you try using it. Otherwise, you need to contact the person who set the lock or the unit's original owner; it's an anti-theft measure.

Being told that the account can't be used to unlock that iPhone means that you can't access it yourself.

(226657)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2022 5:55 PM in response to kiszhable

If the Apple ID involved is yours, describe what happens when you try using it. Otherwise, you need to contact the person who set the lock or the unit's original owner; it's an anti-theft measure.

Being told that the account can't be used to unlock that iPhone means that you can't access it yourself.

(226657)

Oct 13, 2022 5:56 PM in response to kiszhable

kiszhable Said:

"iphone: last dec i bought a second hand iphone6s online then i make an apple id which i used for almost a year and i reset it because i want to give it to my niece...after resetting i trid to laf in but it does not want...what to do? thanks"

-------

Thank you for the photo.

What to Do:

Contact the Seller: This is a used device. So, the person currently signed in to the iPhone needs to log themselves out of it. Elsewise, it is now useless to your account. Have the seller go here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. The seller should have known better.

iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.