I'm unable to factory reset nor to sign into my Apple ID on my iPad

Can anyone help me please? I gave My daughter my Ipad. I removed my own apple Id and signed out of everything and set her up her own Id. It's still showing as mine on the ipad and asking us to sign into it every 2 mins. I've tried and it won't let me as can't find the person. Obviously because I closed my apple id account. Now I'm unable to factory reset, sign into my old apple id and everything else.

[Re-titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 9:43 AM

Did you do everything in this document? --> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

To me it sounds like you may have some relic information or apps that you downloaded with your account. If they try to update they will ask for your account information. Delete them and have your daughter download them with her ID. Use Family Sharing if necessary: Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2023 9:43 AM in response to AmieT25

Did you do everything in this document? --> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

To me it sounds like you may have some relic information or apps that you downloaded with your account. If they try to update they will ask for your account information. Delete them and have your daughter download them with her ID. Use Family Sharing if necessary: Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Apr 27, 2023 10:29 AM in response to AmieT25

A properly wiped device will have absolutely no trace of a former owner on it, Make sure you did everything in that article.

If it still has information and you have done everything the above article tells you to do, contact Apple about this: Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

You can also try a reset request. Apple can completely reset a device if a person can provide sufficient evidence of valid ownership. Do this online at: Activation Lock support request - https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support Apple says, "Proof of ownership documentation is required," but does not detail what currently constitutes proof. Prior to this new online service Apple typically required the original receipt issued by Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller and documented provenance (so typically it would be the original owner who does this, or a descendant with legal proof of ownership).

Apple recommends you "Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device" --> Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device - Apple Support

Apr 27, 2023 10:18 AM in response to AmieT25

I gave My daughter my Ipad. I removed my own apple Id

You have to read -> this Apple article: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

👉 Then you have to remove the iPhone from your account, see this Apple article:

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in

Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in - Apple Support

👉 Then your daughter can sign in with her own Apple ID.

I'm unable to factory reset nor to sign into my Apple ID on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.