Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

moving tracks to the top of long playlists...quickly.

I have several 'running' playlists where I add newly acquired songs that I like. When I add songs to these ( or any ) playlists, I'd like Apple Music default behaviour to be to add them to the top of the list so that when I next start the list, I hear the most recently added songs first. Is there a way to accomplish this? I'm really tired of having to drag the song to a playlist, and then drag them again from the bottom all the way to the top , past the several hundred songs that already in the playlist.

Or, if that is outside the realms of knowledge of the biggest tech company in the World, maybe a shortcut to moving tracks to the top quickly?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 11:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 3:53 AM

bertybobcat wrote:

Or, if that is outside the realms of knowledge of the biggest tech company in the World, maybe a shortcut to moving tracks to the top quickly?

I believe that the biggest tech company in the world can manage that.

I assume that you're looking at the Playlist using Songs view. (View/View As/Songs)

Click the top of the number column to reverse the order of the playlist:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2023 3:53 AM in response to bertybobcat

bertybobcat wrote:

I believe that the biggest tech company in the world can manage that.

I assume that you're looking at the Playlist using Songs view. (View/View As/Songs)

Click the top of the number column to reverse the order of the playlist:

moving tracks to the top of long playlists...quickly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.