Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Why does my phone get hot when I not even using it

Why does my phone. iPhone 12 Mini get hot when I’m not even using it and it wasn’t even on charger

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 6:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 7:15 PM

Hi cindi63

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: "Why does my phone get hot when I not even using it"

We are all Apple users, like yourself, in the community.

We do not know enough about your iPhone (iOS up-to-date?), the settings (low-power mode ?), whether it has a case or not, (metallic ?) the usual room temperature of your location, room ventilation, or the way you use your iPhone, etc. etc., to be able to say, or guess.

Apple Support's online article:

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

says:

"iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Apple Watch work best at 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C) ambient temperatures. Storage temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)".

You may want to browse through the above article for more info.

Also: Important safety information for iPhone - Apple Support

says:

"If you suspect damage to iPhone or the battery, discontinue use of iPhone, as it may cause overheating or injury."

About repairs and service: iPhone Repair website.

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2023 7:15 PM in response to cindi63

Hi cindi63

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: "Why does my phone get hot when I not even using it"

We are all Apple users, like yourself, in the community.

We do not know enough about your iPhone (iOS up-to-date?), the settings (low-power mode ?), whether it has a case or not, (metallic ?) the usual room temperature of your location, room ventilation, or the way you use your iPhone, etc. etc., to be able to say, or guess.

Apple Support's online article:

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

says:

"iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Apple Watch work best at 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C) ambient temperatures. Storage temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)".

You may want to browse through the above article for more info.

Also: Important safety information for iPhone - Apple Support

says:

"If you suspect damage to iPhone or the battery, discontinue use of iPhone, as it may cause overheating or injury."

About repairs and service: iPhone Repair website.

All the best :-)

Why does my phone get hot when I not even using it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.