How do I handle settings as I’m in Italy and would like to make international calls and texts outside of Wi FI

How do I handle settings as I’m in Italy and would like to make international calls and texts when there is no Wi FI service

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 6:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 6:56 AM

Turn on Roming.

To enable roaming on your iPhone, follow these steps:

1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
  2. Scroll down and tap on "Cellular" or "Mobile Data" (the name may vary depending on your iOS version).
  3. Look for the "Data Roaming" option and toggle it on. The switch should turn green, indicating that data roaming is enabled.
  4. If desired, you can also adjust other cellular settings related to roaming. For example, you may have options to enable or disable Voice Roaming or select preferred network carriers.

Please note that using data roaming can result in additional charges from your mobile service provider, especially when traveling internationally. It's important to check with your carrier regarding their roaming rates and policies before enabling data roaming on your device.

Keep in mind that some carriers may automatically enable data roaming when you travel abroad, while others may require you to contact them or adjust settings through their specific carrier app or website.

It's recommended to monitor your data usage and keep track of any additional charges that may incur while roaming to avoid unexpected costs.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2023 6:56 AM in response to Ron1229

Turn on Roming.

To enable roaming on your iPhone, follow these steps:

1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
  2. Scroll down and tap on "Cellular" or "Mobile Data" (the name may vary depending on your iOS version).
  3. Look for the "Data Roaming" option and toggle it on. The switch should turn green, indicating that data roaming is enabled.
  4. If desired, you can also adjust other cellular settings related to roaming. For example, you may have options to enable or disable Voice Roaming or select preferred network carriers.

Please note that using data roaming can result in additional charges from your mobile service provider, especially when traveling internationally. It's important to check with your carrier regarding their roaming rates and policies before enabling data roaming on your device.

Keep in mind that some carriers may automatically enable data roaming when you travel abroad, while others may require you to contact them or adjust settings through their specific carrier app or website.

It's recommended to monitor your data usage and keep track of any additional charges that may incur while roaming to avoid unexpected costs.

Jun 29, 2023 7:02 AM in response to Ron1229

Ron1229 wrote:

How do I handle settings as I’m in Italy and would like to make international calls and texts when there is no Wi FI service

Generally, that's something you want to set up with your carrier before leaving your home country. Just turning on Roaming can lead to very high costs. I would suggest, if you are able, logging into your carrier's website and see if you can add an international roaming package that way.

How do I handle settings as I’m in Italy and would like to make international calls and texts outside of Wi FI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.