Safari problem under Ventura 13

I can't find this issue referred to among the many problems with Safari. I'm not quite sure how to describe it, so I will also include a screenshot or two:

When I navigate to a website, then click on something specific on the website, such as a particular subject mentioned on a Wikipedia page, rather than hyperlink to that specific sub-article within Wikipedia, I am confronted with a drop-down bare page of slightly enlarged type from the sub-article, but without any accompanying images-just a large, bare page of text. This didn't happen two months ago, but it does now, and it doesn't happen in Google Chrome. I would like it to stop. It may be a result of some stupid move on my part, but I can't find a preference for it anywhere in Safari. See images: one shows what happens in Safari. The other shows what I get in Chrome.

Mac mini, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 12:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 9:13 AM

Thanks for reaching out Birck Cox,

It sounds like you're noticing some unusual behavior with the Wikipedia site when opened in Safari. We can help.

Let's go ahead and try these steps first to rule out any issues related to extensions or the settings you might have been referring to in your post: If Safari doesn't open a page or work as expected on your Mac.

This also looks like it might be related to Reader. You might want to check out the options there to see if it's not set for the entire website you're visiting which should also be in Safari Preferences > Websites: Hide ads when reading articles in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Keep us posted.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2023 9:13 AM in response to Birck Cox

Thanks for reaching out Birck Cox,

It sounds like you're noticing some unusual behavior with the Wikipedia site when opened in Safari. We can help.

Let's go ahead and try these steps first to rule out any issues related to extensions or the settings you might have been referring to in your post: If Safari doesn't open a page or work as expected on your Mac.

This also looks like it might be related to Reader. You might want to check out the options there to see if it's not set for the entire website you're visiting which should also be in Safari Preferences > Websites: Hide ads when reading articles in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Keep us posted.

Safari problem under Ventura 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.