Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Find saved Wi-Fi password on iPad

Is there a way to find out my Wi-Fi password, that is saved to my iPad?

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 3:18 PM

Assuming that your iPad is running iPadOS16 or later, you can easily find your WiFi Passwords from iPad settings:

Settings > WiFi

At top-right of the WiFi settings page, tap the Edit button to expose a list of all the WiFi networks that your devices have stored in your Keychain. Tap the associated blue “i” icon to see the WiFi connection properties; tap the Password field to reveal the WiFi network Password.

Additional information can be found here:

Find your saved Wi-Fi passwords on iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

For iOS/iPadOS15 or earlier, you cannot see stored WiFi Passwords - unless you have manually stored them elsewhere.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2023 3:18 PM in response to WhyKay101

Assuming that your iPad is running iPadOS16 or later, you can easily find your WiFi Passwords from iPad settings:

Settings > WiFi

At top-right of the WiFi settings page, tap the Edit button to expose a list of all the WiFi networks that your devices have stored in your Keychain. Tap the associated blue “i” icon to see the WiFi connection properties; tap the Password field to reveal the WiFi network Password.

Additional information can be found here:

Find your saved Wi-Fi passwords on iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

For iOS/iPadOS15 or earlier, you cannot see stored WiFi Passwords - unless you have manually stored them elsewhere.

Find saved Wi-Fi password on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.