How do I get mailboxes on my iPhone match those on my MacBook

How do I get mailboxes on my iPhone 7 to match those on my MacBook Air so that they sync? I have one on my Mac where I store tickets and bookings and the like but it doesn't appear on my iPhone

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 3:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 3:10 PM

Ron Sutton wrote:

How do I get mailboxes on my iPhone 7 to match those on my MacBook Air so that they sync? I have one on my Mac where I store tickets and bookings and the like but it doesn't appear on my iPhone

The only mailboxes that can be shared are those created and located on the mail server.

Mailboxes stored on your Mac (or locally on any other iPhone or iPad) cannot be shared.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2023 3:10 PM in response to Ron Sutton

Ron Sutton wrote:

The only mailboxes that can be shared are those created and located on the mail server.

Mailboxes stored on your Mac (or locally on any other iPhone or iPad) cannot be shared.

Jun 30, 2023 2:52 AM in response to Ron Sutton

Further to my previous, I feel a bit of an idiot. I was using iCloud on both devices, but innocently (or ignorantly) assumed anything on the Mac would automatically appear on the iPhone. But there's a section on the sidebar in Mail "On my Mac" where the mailbox in question was - and so I discovered that these weren't synced. Copying them to the iCloud section cured the problem. I live and learn.

Thanks to you and Mr Hoffman for helping me resolve this.

How do I get mailboxes on my iPhone match those on my MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.