Gmail sign in problem- will my account be deleted?

After changing my gmail pw several times in 2 days (issues signing onto wordle) I got the following message. I had used 2 factor authentication and successfully answered security questions. All of my contacts and calendar are in my gmail account and I cant lose it. Is it safe to click allow or will my gmail account be deleted? Help

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 5:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 5:56 PM

Track5641 Said:

Gmail sign in problem- will my account be deleted?: Is it safe to click allow or will my gmail account be deleted? Help

———-

Thank you for the screenshot.

About the Prompt:

Google and Apple are completely separate entities, meaning there each have their own storage services and locations. This is just prompt you to allow both entities’ data to be synced, and thereby allowing info to accessed between the two.

So, no. Adding and removing gmail, to and from your Mail app, respectively, would play no role in closing your gmail account. So, all seems safe to me.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2023 5:56 PM in response to Track5641

Track5641 Said:

Gmail sign in problem- will my account be deleted?: Is it safe to click allow or will my gmail account be deleted? Help

———-

Thank you for the screenshot.

About the Prompt:

Google and Apple are completely separate entities, meaning there each have their own storage services and locations. This is just prompt you to allow both entities’ data to be synced, and thereby allowing info to accessed between the two.

So, no. Adding and removing gmail, to and from your Mail app, respectively, would play no role in closing your gmail account. So, all seems safe to me.

Jun 29, 2023 6:22 PM in response to Track5641

Track5641 Said:

"Thanks for your reply. Will clicking allow cause my gmail, contacts and calendar to be deleted from my iphone only? Would they remain on my computer? How can I get them back on my phone? Thank you"

-------

All will Sync:

Clicking Allow will allow all to be synced. You are not removing the data --you are adding it --if you need to ever get them back, then, once synced, you should export your Contacts for recovery. Go here: Import or Export a vCard in Contacts on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Gmail sign in problem- will my account be deleted?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.