Can’t get ahold of the previous owner of my Apple Watch to have them remove their apple is

I recently bought a newer Apple Watch and the previous owner has it locked with find my app. And he is no longer answering my calls to remove the lock. What can I do!

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 6:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 6:05 PM

Activation Lock is designed to prevent anyone else from using an Apple Watch if it's ever lost or stolen.

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Activation Lock is an anti-theft feature that cannot be bypassed. Only the previous owner can remove the lock by using their Apple ID & password. Apple will not help you find the previous owner. If the previous owner cannot or will not remove the lock, then the watch is useless to you or anyone else. Try to get a refund (through eBay) or dispose of the watch properly. In the future, see the 'Before you buy a watch from a third-party' section in:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2023 6:05 PM in response to epimenio288

Activation Lock is designed to prevent anyone else from using an Apple Watch if it's ever lost or stolen.

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Activation Lock is an anti-theft feature that cannot be bypassed. Only the previous owner can remove the lock by using their Apple ID & password. Apple will not help you find the previous owner. If the previous owner cannot or will not remove the lock, then the watch is useless to you or anyone else. Try to get a refund (through eBay) or dispose of the watch properly. In the future, see the 'Before you buy a watch from a third-party' section in:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

Jun 29, 2023 11:00 PM in response to epimenio288

If the seller is no longer taking calls regarding the sale, you may have been scammed with a lost or stolen watch.

Sadly, if you transferred cash to this seller with an app such as Venmo, you won't be able to recover your money. If you bought and paid for the watch through a service such as eBay or PayPal, use their dispute process.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.4;  Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.5.2; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.5; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.5; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.5; HomePods, audioOS 16.5 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Can’t get ahold of the previous owner of my Apple Watch to have them remove their apple is

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.