Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

iTunes doesn't play songs consecutively but paused after each song

Why do playlists not play consecutive songs like they use to do just a couple of weeks ago? Is there a new setting that controls this? Whether I shuffle or not I get the same behavior on my Windows 11 PC. And why doesn't the Community online form allow me to identify my problem as on a Windows PC?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 7:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 3:33 AM

Look in the playlist using the Songs view (use the menu option View/View As/Songs). If the songs are not ticked (checked), that will cause iTunes to play only the song you select and then stop after each song finishes playing.

• If every song is unticked, hold down the CTRL key and click on any of the song's tick-boxes.
  • If some songs are ticked and others unticked (which seems unlikely, given that your player stops after each song), you may need to tick the box twice in order for every song to be ticked

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2023 3:33 AM in response to GrampsBacon

Look in the playlist using the Songs view (use the menu option View/View As/Songs). If the songs are not ticked (checked), that will cause iTunes to play only the song you select and then stop after each song finishes playing.

• If every song is unticked, hold down the CTRL key and click on any of the song's tick-boxes.
  • If some songs are ticked and others unticked (which seems unlikely, given that your player stops after each song), you may need to tick the box twice in order for every song to be ticked

iTunes doesn't play songs consecutively but paused after each song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.