Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why Apple Watch Cellular version is not available in Ireland?

The cellular Apple Watch is not available in Ireland. Will the Cellular version work if I buy the watch from US?

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 2:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2023 5:00 AM

I have an Apple Watch Ultra II, purchased in Ireland. I note that the network '3' in Ireland are now offering eSIM. However when I use the Watch App on my iPhone and select Mobile Service, I see the message 3 Ireland does not currently support Apple Watch.

Is there a work around where I can apply an eSIM to the watch please?

21 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2023 5:00 AM in response to mynameisraj

I have an Apple Watch Ultra II, purchased in Ireland. I note that the network '3' in Ireland are now offering eSIM. However when I use the Watch App on my iPhone and select Mobile Service, I see the message 3 Ireland does not currently support Apple Watch.

Is there a work around where I can apply an eSIM to the watch please?

Dec 3, 2023 5:34 AM in response to mynameisraj

Afaik the reason cellular is not available in Ireland has to do with wording in the legislation produced for mobile phones back in the 1990s. Whereas other countries produced legislation for mobile “devices”, the Irish government of the day legislated for mobile “phones”. The legislation would need to be amended before watches and other devices can legally support cellular in ROI.

Jul 3, 2023 9:15 AM in response to mynameisraj

no, the usa, canadian and mexico versions does not work in other countries at all, also if you purchase it in another european country I don't believe it works unless the carrier you use have an agreement with apple, in the countries where they are sold when you begin the online purchase process it display what carriers they can be used with and it's by far all the carriers operating in the country in question.

Jul 3, 2023 10:01 AM in response to mynameisraj

Remember there is no international warranty either.

Watch bought in UK will have compatible cellular components but if no Irish providers are willing to provision the eSIM what is the point in getting one?

In any case paying around €10 extra a month just to be able to make calls without the iphone is of dubious value.

Why Apple Watch Cellular version is not available in Ireland?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.