Slovenian keyboard, how can I change it from QWERTY, to QWERTZ?

I am using slovenian keyboard language and can't seem to find anz waz to change the keyboard layout from QWERTY to QWERTZ as it is common in Slovenia. I hope someone can helf me out.

Thx in advance.

Regards

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 4:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 10:07 AM

It's not really a script, just a .keylayout mapping file.

On that page, click on the Code button and select Download Zip. You should get a folder with the icns and keylayout files in it wherever you keep downloads. Move both of those files into Home/Library/Keyboard Layouts. (To get to Home/Library, hold down option while doing Finder > Go.)

Then you go to your Input Sources settings and use the + button to add a new input source. This new one will probably be in the "others" category. Then you should be able to select it in the input menu at the top right corner of the screen. Restart your machine if it seems missing.

Just let me know if any problems.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2023 10:07 AM in response to rockson78

It's not really a script, just a .keylayout mapping file.

On that page, click on the Code button and select Download Zip. You should get a folder with the icns and keylayout files in it wherever you keep downloads. Move both of those files into Home/Library/Keyboard Layouts. (To get to Home/Library, hold down option while doing Finder > Go.)

Then you go to your Input Sources settings and use the + button to add a new input source. This new one will probably be in the "others" category. Then you should be able to select it in the input menu at the top right corner of the screen. Restart your machine if it seems missing.

Just let me know if any problems.

Jun 30, 2023 8:38 AM in response to rockson78

Thank you.

Since I am not familiar with scripts on mac (30+ years win user), how do I save the script for the keyboard?

I went to the first link, downloaded the icon, but for the kezboard layout I only see the code, there is no file do download or I am completely blind.

I tried to copy the code to script editor, but it won't let me save it :(

Thx

Slovenian keyboard, how can I change it from QWERTY, to QWERTZ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.