Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Air Tag Issue

I replaced the battery in my Air tag and still showing "Low Battery". Any ideas?

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 7:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 2:36 PM

If you have replaced the battery in your Apple AirTag and it is still showing a "Low Battery" message, there could be a few potential reasons for this issue. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Ensure that the battery is inserted correctly, with the positive (+) and negative (-) sides aligned properly. Double-check that the battery is securely in place.

2. Make sure you are using the correct battery type. The AirTag uses a CR2032 coin-cell battery, so ensure you have installed a new and compatible battery, AND that the battery does not have a bitterant coating.

3. Gently clean the metal battery contacts on the AirTag and the battery itself with a soft, lint-free cloth. Any dirt, dust, or debris on the contacts can interfere with proper battery connection.

4. Try resetting your AirTag by removing the battery and then reinserting it after a few seconds. Ref: How to reset your AirTag - Apple Support

5. Update the firmware: Ensure that your AirTag has the latest firmware installed. Connect the AirTag to your iPhone through the Find My app, and if an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to install it.

6. Lastly, if none of the above steps help, I suggest that you contact Apple Support directly. To do so, simply select the "Support" link on the lower left-hand side of this forum's web page.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2023 2:36 PM in response to xiomaraB

If you have replaced the battery in your Apple AirTag and it is still showing a "Low Battery" message, there could be a few potential reasons for this issue. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Ensure that the battery is inserted correctly, with the positive (+) and negative (-) sides aligned properly. Double-check that the battery is securely in place.

2. Make sure you are using the correct battery type. The AirTag uses a CR2032 coin-cell battery, so ensure you have installed a new and compatible battery, AND that the battery does not have a bitterant coating.

3. Gently clean the metal battery contacts on the AirTag and the battery itself with a soft, lint-free cloth. Any dirt, dust, or debris on the contacts can interfere with proper battery connection.

4. Try resetting your AirTag by removing the battery and then reinserting it after a few seconds. Ref: How to reset your AirTag - Apple Support

5. Update the firmware: Ensure that your AirTag has the latest firmware installed. Connect the AirTag to your iPhone through the Find My app, and if an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to install it.

6. Lastly, if none of the above steps help, I suggest that you contact Apple Support directly. To do so, simply select the "Support" link on the lower left-hand side of this forum's web page.

Air Tag Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.