Why am I unable to access my playlists from Apple Music after discontinuing service? I used to be able to do so.

Why am I unable to access my playlists from Apple Music after discontinuing service? I used to be able to do so.

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 7:57 AM

If you have discontinued your Apple Music subscription, you may lose access to your playlists for the following reasons:

1. Streaming Limitations: Apple Music is a subscription-based streaming service that allows you to access a vast library of songs. When you cancel your subscription, your access to the streaming service is terminated, and you won't be able to play songs from the Apple Music catalog anymore.
  2. Offline Availability: Apple Music offers an option to download songs for offline listening. If you had downloaded songs to your device while your subscription was active, you will no longer be able to play those downloaded songs once the subscription ends.
  3. iCloud Music Library: Apple Music has a feature called iCloud Music Library that allows you to upload and store your personal music collection in the cloud. If you had enabled this feature and uploaded songs to your iCloud Music Library, you might still have access to those songs even after canceling your subscription. However, any songs that were part of the Apple Music catalog and not in your personal collection will no longer be available.
  4. Playlists and Personal Library: When you create playlists in Apple Music, they are typically linked to the songs in the Apple Music catalog. If you cancel your subscription, the songs in those playlists will no longer be accessible. However, if you had added your own personal music to the playlists, those songs should still be available if they are stored locally on your device or uploaded to iCloud Music Library.

It's worth noting that the exact functionality and access may vary depending on your specific circumstances, such as the type of subscription plan you had and the devices you are using. If you're experiencing difficulties accessing your playlists or have further questions, it's recommended to reach out to Apple support for more personalized assistance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2023 7:57 AM in response to Micromini13

If you have discontinued your Apple Music subscription, you may lose access to your playlists for the following reasons:

1. Streaming Limitations: Apple Music is a subscription-based streaming service that allows you to access a vast library of songs. When you cancel your subscription, your access to the streaming service is terminated, and you won't be able to play songs from the Apple Music catalog anymore.
  2. Offline Availability: Apple Music offers an option to download songs for offline listening. If you had downloaded songs to your device while your subscription was active, you will no longer be able to play those downloaded songs once the subscription ends.
  3. iCloud Music Library: Apple Music has a feature called iCloud Music Library that allows you to upload and store your personal music collection in the cloud. If you had enabled this feature and uploaded songs to your iCloud Music Library, you might still have access to those songs even after canceling your subscription. However, any songs that were part of the Apple Music catalog and not in your personal collection will no longer be available.
  4. Playlists and Personal Library: When you create playlists in Apple Music, they are typically linked to the songs in the Apple Music catalog. If you cancel your subscription, the songs in those playlists will no longer be accessible. However, if you had added your own personal music to the playlists, those songs should still be available if they are stored locally on your device or uploaded to iCloud Music Library.

It's worth noting that the exact functionality and access may vary depending on your specific circumstances, such as the type of subscription plan you had and the devices you are using. If you're experiencing difficulties accessing your playlists or have further questions, it's recommended to reach out to Apple support for more personalized assistance.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.