How do I download iTunes on my iMac with Venura

How do I download iTunes on my iMac with Ventura? I need to remove an old phone that does not work. The screen went black so I am unable to reset the phone. I have an alarm that goes off every 4 minutes, and I can't turn the phone off. The phone is functioning but the screen is black.

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 2:11 PM

You report you are running Ventura. Connect your phone to the computer (not sure this is necessary). On your computer go to settings. Select yourself at the very top of the list ("Apple ID" words are under your name). In the middle of the screen begins a list of your devices, select your phone and select delete after a short pause (if you have a newer phone, make sure you are deleting the right one).

On Ventura, MUSIC replaced iTunes and iTunes does not work under Ventura. To update your account info for iTunes store, open MUSIC and select Account from the menu bar, then select account settings. Then look for Downloads and purchases in middle of screen and select Manage Devices. Delete old device as appropriate.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2023 2:11 PM in response to laurafromaztec

You report you are running Ventura. Connect your phone to the computer (not sure this is necessary). On your computer go to settings. Select yourself at the very top of the list ("Apple ID" words are under your name). In the middle of the screen begins a list of your devices, select your phone and select delete after a short pause (if you have a newer phone, make sure you are deleting the right one).

On Ventura, MUSIC replaced iTunes and iTunes does not work under Ventura. To update your account info for iTunes store, open MUSIC and select Account from the menu bar, then select account settings. Then look for Downloads and purchases in middle of screen and select Manage Devices. Delete old device as appropriate.

How do I download iTunes on my iMac with Venura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.