You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't save files to Files on iPhone

Hi,

I have a problem saving files to Files on my iPhone.

For instance, when browsing Safari, I open a PDF file, press the "Share" icon and select Files in order to save the PDF to a certain folder. What happens then is that I can browse the files and folders on my Files app, but the "Save" button is grayed out (as can be seen in the attached screenshot).

Sometimes, after waiting a few seconds, it turns blue, and then saving is enabled (the waiting is also frustrating and I don't understand why it is needed, but that's a smaller problem). But sometimes, waiting does not help and I can't save the file at all.

Any ideas for solutions?

iPhone 13 mini

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 12:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2023 11:29 PM

Same problem here. Can’t save files . Can’t share files. So upset

Similar questions

8 replies

Jan 22, 2024 2:00 PM in response to astromamo

SOLVED - I had this problem for the longest time. If your phone is synced with iCloud. Log into iCloud and create a folder. After clicking on Save to Files on your phone, and BEFORE giving it a name and clicking the save button... click in the Search field and locate your folder you created, then give it a name and click save. After that, the phone will know to save everything to the new folder! I hoped this helps your situation!

Can't save files to Files on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.