I cannot downgrade from 2TB to 50GB or something more than 5GB. It seems I'm locked in.

I'm trying to downgrade my iCloud storage plan from 2TB to 200 GB the plan I used to have. Following the step-by-step instruction, the only option I see is downgrading to 5GB. This would force me to delete too much content. How can I restore my previous plan and not being in a locked-in situation?

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 2:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 9:44 PM

Hi -eug,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: iCloud storage: "I cannot downgrade from 2TB to 50GB or something more than 5GB. It seems I'm locked in"

Seems you should have other options:

Apple support's article: Upgrade to iCloud+ and manage your subscription - Apple Support

Eg: downgrade option:

only says to follow the onscreen instructions ... which I assume is what you were doing.

Wondering if this other article is more helpful:

(seems to say you can choose from available plans)

How to switch to a different subscription plan - Apple Support

Else:

You might want to reach out to either iCloud Support, or to Billing and Subscriptions Support:

There's a "Get support - start now" link (online chat, phone, eMail etc)., or a support app you can download,

at the bottom of both websites (links below).

iCloud - Official Apple Support

Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2023 9:44 PM in response to -eug

Hi -eug,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: iCloud storage: "I cannot downgrade from 2TB to 50GB or something more than 5GB. It seems I'm locked in"

Seems you should have other options:

Apple support's article: Upgrade to iCloud+ and manage your subscription - Apple Support

Eg: downgrade option:

only says to follow the onscreen instructions ... which I assume is what you were doing.

Wondering if this other article is more helpful:

(seems to say you can choose from available plans)

How to switch to a different subscription plan - Apple Support

Else:

You might want to reach out to either iCloud Support, or to Billing and Subscriptions Support:

There's a "Get support - start now" link (online chat, phone, eMail etc)., or a support app you can download,

at the bottom of both websites (links below).

iCloud - Official Apple Support

Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

I cannot downgrade from 2TB to 50GB or something more than 5GB. It seems I'm locked in.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.