dear apple support community when I'm updating my Mac after completing it show software update failed

"Hello everyone, I recently tried updating my MacBook and encountered an issue where the software update downloading failed at the very end. I'm unsure why this is happening and would greatly appreciate any assistance or suggestions on how to resolve this problem. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue during a software update? If so, what steps did you take to successfully update your MacBook?

Thank you in advance for your help!"

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 5:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 5:41 AM

therner wrote:

"Hello everyone, I recently tried updating my MacBook and encountered an issue where the software update downloading failed at the very end. I'm unsure why this is happening and would greatly appreciate any assistance or suggestions on how to resolve this problem. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue during a software update? If so, what steps did you take to successfully update your MacBook?

Try running the installer from a Safeboot  How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2023 5:41 AM in response to therner

therner wrote:

Try running the installer from a Safeboot  How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Jul 1, 2023 7:46 AM in response to therner

Follow previous advise - First

Q - " Hello everyone, I recently tried updating my MacBook "

As the user profile is showing MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6 - aka Monterey

Was it truly and update or an upGrade ?

Reason for asking is IF this was an upGrade I am hesitant to suggest the next step

Restart in Recovery Mode and choose Reinstall macOS.

This in theory will pull the latest version of macOS associated with the Recovery Volume which could be Monterey 12.6.7 versus the desired Ventura 13.4.1

Jul 1, 2023 10:04 AM in response to therner

There are two steps to installing an OS update or upgrade: download and installation. If something happens during the download to corrupt the file, it cannot be successfully installed. Usually, the problem is that the download was done via Wi-Fi, which is often too slow for these very large files and corruption occurs. So, you will either need to use a wired Ethernet connection for a successful download or do multiple Wi-Fi downloads until you get one the will install. I hope this helps.

dear apple support community when I'm updating my Mac after completing it show software update failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.