Unlinking 2 iPhones both registered to my Apple I.D.

When I was gifted an Iphone XS I gave my Iphone 8 to my wife. Somehow when setting the phone up for her use I managed to give her phone the same I.D. as mine, so now photos, some messages and various other quirks appear on both phones. When I try to change the I.D. on her phone to her Apple I.D. it says the name is already being used by another I.D. If I login to my Apple I.D. account online I can see her phone under Devices, so I can delete the link and set up her phone using her I.D. right? NO. The Catch 22 is that to change the details on her phone I have to login to it, and as the I.D. registered to it is still mine, once I type in my password the phone is immediately registered back to my Devices. Is there any way to 'unlink' these 2 phones (without having to lose any data) and give the iPhone 8 my wife's Apple I.D. and allow us to live separate lives again?

iPhone XS, 16

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 9:49 AM

You are going to lose all the data and apps on the phone when you switch the Apple ID.

This is what you should have done:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Unlinking 2 iPhones both registered to my Apple I.D.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.