The Apple Watch was given to me but the owner doesn’t have that iCloud no more or anything to do with that iCloud mail how can I restart the Apple Watch account to put a new one !?

I’m trying to added my account on a Apple Watch Series 3 but it was given too me and the past owner has nothing to do with the iCloud that is on the Apple Watch what can I do ??

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 4:39 PM

You can't. If the owner can't follow these steps, that watch is useless to you. If your bought it, get your money back.

Before you sell your  Watch... -

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

It is permanently locked to the owner's account. Activation Lock prevents lost and stolen watches from being used.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.4;  Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.5.2; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.5; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.5; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.5; HomePods, audioOS 16.5 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2023 4:39 PM in response to Bury144

You can't. If the owner can't follow these steps, that watch is useless to you. If your bought it, get your money back.

Before you sell your  Watch... -

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

It is permanently locked to the owner's account. Activation Lock prevents lost and stolen watches from being used.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.4;  Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.5.2; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.5; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.5; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.5; HomePods, audioOS 16.5 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

The Apple Watch was given to me but the owner doesn’t have that iCloud no more or anything to do with that iCloud mail how can I restart the Apple Watch account to put a new one !?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.