Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference returns June 10, 2024

saving an audio file to my iphone

My wife has some mp3s that she wants to save directly to her phone.

We share a family iCloud account. She has some semi-large mp3s that she accesses fairly regularly, but even though they're accessible in the Files app, they still have to be re-downloaded every time she wants to play them. This has been using up her cel data.

Frankly, it's frustrating and kind of weird that I even have to ask this question: what's the best/easiest way to save a file to her phone that won't be "removed", so that she can quickly and easily access it without using up her data?

I was thinking maybe the voice or music memo apps, the Apple Music app or Podcasts app might be a solution here.

Any interesting suggestions? Ideally it would be dead simple to find and play the file.

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 9:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 9:45 PM

Hello,

She can enable the "On My iPhone" location in The Files App then save a copy of the files to that location.

To enable the location she will need to be in The Files App > Browse > select the three dots in a circle (top right) > Edit.

I assume this is not enabled by default because device storage capacity is sometimes more scarce and not able to be upgraded where cloud storage capacity can be upgraded.

I hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2023 9:45 PM in response to brendanfromburnaby

Hello,

She can enable the "On My iPhone" location in The Files App then save a copy of the files to that location.

To enable the location she will need to be in The Files App > Browse > select the three dots in a circle (top right) > Edit.

I assume this is not enabled by default because device storage capacity is sometimes more scarce and not able to be upgraded where cloud storage capacity can be upgraded.

I hope this helps.

saving an audio file to my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.