Documents and Sync using up all my data

Does anyone know how to limit the data usage Documents and Sync is using. I’ve just got an iPhone 14 and have never had this issue before.

iPhone 14

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 5:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 7:22 AM

To see how much mobile data you've used, go to Settings > Mobile Data or Settings > Cellular. If you're using an iPad, you may see Settings > Mobile Data instead. Scroll down to find which apps are using cellular data. If you don't want an app to use cellular data, you can turn it off for that app.

Use cellular data on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2023 7:22 AM in response to Evki

To see how much mobile data you've used, go to Settings > Mobile Data or Settings > Cellular. If you're using an iPad, you may see Settings > Mobile Data instead. Scroll down to find which apps are using cellular data. If you don't want an app to use cellular data, you can turn it off for that app.

Use cellular data on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Jul 2, 2023 7:46 AM in response to Evki

If you notice that the "Documents and Sync" feature on your iPhone 14 is consuming a significant amount of mobile data, there are several remedies you can try to address the issue:

1. Connect to Wi-Fi: Whenever possible, connect your iPhone to a trusted Wi-Fi network. By doing so, your device will automatically prioritize Wi-Fi for data-intensive tasks, reducing reliance on cellular data.
  2. Monitor Data Usage: Keep track of your data usage by going to "Settings" > "Cellular" and scrolling down to the Cellular Data section. Here, you can view the data usage breakdown for each app. If you identify that Documents and Sync is indeed the primary culprit, you can further investigate and take appropriate action.
  3. In an iPhone's Mobile Data settings, the "Current Period" refers to the specific time frame during which your mobile data usage is being measured and tracked. It provides you with information about data usage within a defined period, allowing you to monitor and manage your data consumption.
    1. The duration of the Current Period depends on how it aligns with your monthly billing cycle or the period set by your cellular carrier.
    2. The Current Period under Mobile Data in an iPhone is the amount of cellular data you have used since the last time you reset your statistics. That is what my carrier indicated. In the pic below you will notice that the Current Period and "Life Time" remain the same. This is supporting my observation that the current period starts from the Last Reset Date.

See the pic below which is self-explanatory

Remember, these remedies focus on controlling data usage for the Documents and Sync functionality. Other factors, such as app usage, content being synced, and other background processes, can contribute to overall data consumption. It's essential to review and manage all aspects of your device's data usage to ensure an optimal experience.

Documents and Sync using up all my data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.