I just received a new phone. There seems to be. Lots of problems with the light level and battery drain. The warning displays during setup that the screen is not genuine apple product. How. Do I fix this problem?

Apple iPhone 13. I am having trouble with screen brightness and screen touch inaccuracy while typing. Also the screen is apparently non genuine Apple screen. Will the warranty cover this problem?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 6:53 AM

If the screen is not an original apple screen this means that you've bought a second hand product. Non original screens can give multiple problems.

I should suggest that you contact the company you've bought the iPhone from, but beware, it could be that it was allready knowable to you that the screen might not be original if you've bought a secondhand or refurbished product

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2023 6:53 AM in response to PhilTFC

If the screen is not an original apple screen this means that you've bought a second hand product. Non original screens can give multiple problems.

I should suggest that you contact the company you've bought the iPhone from, but beware, it could be that it was allready knowable to you that the screen might not be original if you've bought a secondhand or refurbished product

I just received a new phone. There seems to be. Lots of problems with the light level and battery drain. The warning displays during setup that the screen is not genuine apple product. How. Do I fix this problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.