My screen was broken, replaced and now have that alert “not a genuine Apple”, should I go back to the screen repair store or is my phone now ruined?

iPhone 12 Pro screen cracked, repaired and now have an alert “not a genuine Apple….. screen repair store would like to take a look at the phone. Ever since screen repair, the battery depletes very fast and at times the phone just quits. Is the phone ruined?

Posted on Jul 22, 2023 8:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2023 8:44 PM

Jaylinn11 Said:

"My screen was broken, replaced and now have that alert 'not a genuine Apple', should I go back to the screen repair store or is my phone now ruined?: iPhone 12 Pro screen cracked, repaired and now have an alert “not a genuine Apple….. screen repair store would like to take a look at the phone. Ever since screen repair, the battery depletes very fast and at times the phone just quits. Is the phone ruined?"

-------

Troubleshooting Post Screen Replacement:

Take this back to the person who performed the replacement. They may have put an ungenuine screen in there. They should have known better. This message will not go away, until you get a genuine screen inserted. Learn More here: About Genuine iPhone Displays - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2023 8:44 PM in response to Jaylinn11

Jaylinn11 Said:

"My screen was broken, replaced and now have that alert 'not a genuine Apple', should I go back to the screen repair store or is my phone now ruined?: iPhone 12 Pro screen cracked, repaired and now have an alert “not a genuine Apple….. screen repair store would like to take a look at the phone. Ever since screen repair, the battery depletes very fast and at times the phone just quits. Is the phone ruined?"

-------

Troubleshooting Post Screen Replacement:

Take this back to the person who performed the replacement. They may have put an ungenuine screen in there. They should have known better. This message will not go away, until you get a genuine screen inserted. Learn More here: About Genuine iPhone Displays - Apple Support

Jul 22, 2023 9:03 PM in response to Jaylinn11

Jaylinn11 Said:

"He said prior to me bringing it back to the store that the cheaper screen uses more battery, correct? My phone just dies intermittently, can’t reboot..ever since screen replacement. Just curious if my phone is wrecked or…?"

-------

Get this Replaced:

This person has scammed you. An inexpensive (cheep) screen may or may not withdraw more power. So, have them place an official one in there. If you don't get a genuine iPhone Screen placed in there, then the message will not go away.

My screen was broken, replaced and now have that alert “not a genuine Apple”, should I go back to the screen repair store or is my phone now ruined?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.