Keyboard won’t connect to mini

I was unable to log into my Mac mini today, discovered a stuck key on my keyboard that types two “S“ each time, that I cannot get unstuck. Tried to pair a new keyboard with the Mac mini, and I’m having no luck. I took the batteries out of the first keyboard, so it is dead. Because I am outside of my login, I don’t see how to tell the mini to connect with a new keyboard. I have a separate trackpad. Is there a place to pull up a keyboard so I can click in my password? How stuck am I?

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 7:03 PM

Hi, Silty Sam, you’ve come to the correct place( close enough, anyways) … actually, you’re not stuck at all… there IS a way to pull up a keyboard viewer or onscreen keyboard of some kind, but I don’t know if you can do that from just the trackpad alone… the answer is easy… get a USB wired keyboard, pretty much any one will work, as long as it’s USB and wired… sometimes , at least with the later Magic Keyboards, a lightning to usb cable is included, so you can use it as a wired keyboard, however I don’t know what kind ( model/maker) of wireless ( Bluetooth ?) keyboard you have… anyways, from me a dumb answer is free and arrives a bit quicker… if you want an intelligent answer, a really good one, well, that takes some time…..

John B

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2023 7:03 PM in response to Silty Sam

Hi, Silty Sam, you’ve come to the correct place( close enough, anyways) … actually, you’re not stuck at all… there IS a way to pull up a keyboard viewer or onscreen keyboard of some kind, but I don’t know if you can do that from just the trackpad alone… the answer is easy… get a USB wired keyboard, pretty much any one will work, as long as it’s USB and wired… sometimes , at least with the later Magic Keyboards, a lightning to usb cable is included, so you can use it as a wired keyboard, however I don’t know what kind ( model/maker) of wireless ( Bluetooth ?) keyboard you have… anyways, from me a dumb answer is free and arrives a bit quicker… if you want an intelligent answer, a really good one, well, that takes some time…..

John B

Keyboard won’t connect to mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.