You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photostream

I’ve been an Apple user since 1985, and a mobile product user since 2010. I must surely have been a Photostream user at some point, but I don’t find any folders anywhere titled Photostream. Is it possible I would ever have re-titled a Photostream folder? I feel really paranoid about the change.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 11:42 AM

2 replies

Jul 4, 2023 8:02 AM in response to Jeany

Hello Jeany,

This page here can help out with providing some helpful info regarding the shutdown of 'My Photo Stream': Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown - Apple Support

On there it'll help to note, "The photos in My Photo Stream are already stored on at least one of your devices, so as long as you have the device with your originals, you won’t lose any photos as part of this process. If a photo you want isn't already in your library on a particular iPhone, iPad, or Mac, make sure that you save it to your library on that device."

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
1. Open Photos and tap Albums.
2. Tap My Photo Stream > Select. 
3. Tap the photos that you want to save, then tap the Share button  > Save Image.

On your Mac
1. Open the Photos app, then open the My Photo Stream album. 
2. Select any photos you want to save that aren't currently in your photo library.
3. Drag them from the My Photo Stream album to your Library. 

If the Albums section doesn't contain a 'My Photo Stream' album then it's possible that this particular feature wasn't currently enabled/in use. If you happen to already be using iCloud Photos on all of your devices then this will be helping them to stay in sync.

Cheers.

Jul 4, 2023 9:14 AM in response to Jeany

You couldn't have renamed it as it's created by the Photo app when activated. If it isn't under the Photos section at the top of Photos sidebar it's not activated.

You can verify that by opening your System Photo Library and going to Photos' iCloud settings pane. See if you have My Photo Stream activated or not.

If it's not checked there's nothing more you have to do.

Photostream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.