Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

keep getting messages to renew my McAfee, which I don

I keep getting a message in the upper right hand corner of the screen, that I should renew my McAfee. I don't use McAfee, and it's no doubt some type of scam. My MacBook Air is an early 2015.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 2:09 PM

Check your Notifications

• Allow: The site can send you notifications.
  • Deny: The site can’t send you notifications.
  • Allow websites to ask for permission to send notifications: When you visit a website that wants to send you notifications, you see a dialog asking if you want to receive them. To stop seeing the dialog, deselect this option.

Sites you allow to send notifications are also listed in Notifications settings.

See Customize website notifications.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2023 2:09 PM in response to bjhansen

Check your Notifications

• Allow: The site can send you notifications.
  • Deny: The site can’t send you notifications.
  • Allow websites to ask for permission to send notifications: When you visit a website that wants to send you notifications, you see a dialog asking if you want to receive them. To stop seeing the dialog, deselect this option.

Sites you allow to send notifications are also listed in Notifications settings.

See Customize website notifications.

keep getting messages to renew my McAfee, which I don

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.