Why ipad asks me to activate all the time when the activation servers are down?

Hello,

I got an aggressive message that I need to activate the ipad, blocking whatever activity I was doing with the device, i.e. Browsing internet, watching a video, reading, etc.

I enter my Apple ID and Password, then it shows an error message that is impossible to activate because the activation servers are temporarily down. There is no way to close this and resume whatever I was doing

This has happened in the past, responses come in the form that is something wrong from my end, (wi-fi, router, internet provider, missing upgrade, etc.), usually I have to wait until the next day to be able to activate the iPad, which is annoying. This time, 2 days have passed and I am still getting the error the the activation servers are temporarily down.

I have followed this article, but, no help: If you can't activate your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) - Apple Support

Found these articles:

Apparently activation servers are down an… - Apple Community

I need to activate the iPad because of th… - Apple Community

None of them have helped, any suggestions will be appreciated, ideally will be to remove the need to activate a device that is already activated, next will be a solution to avoid having to activate a device when the activation servers are down.

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 4:36 PM

2 replies

Jul 4, 2023 9:12 AM in response to GCamposDeLeon

Thank you for reaching out GCamposDeLeon,

It sounds like you're having some difficulty activating your iPad. We can help.

We don't see any outages on the Apple - Support - System Status page, and it looks like you've already completed all the recommended steps to isolate the behavior.

At this point, your best bet would be to reach out to Apple for assistance. You can connect with Apple directly using either Get Support or if you're in a region without direct support options, you can also Contact Apple for support and service.

Hope that helps.

Take care.

Jul 4, 2023 4:28 PM in response to AdvisorMP

Thank you AdvisorMP, the ipad having this issue is 12 years old, so it no longer qualifies for full support, the limited help I can get is that I need to check my wi-fi, router, internet provider, ensure I am not missing an upgrade, etc.

So any other idea what I can check and avoid being blocked out due a prompt to activate will be appreciated.

Thanks

Why ipad asks me to activate all the time when the activation servers are down?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.