Vanilla Gift Card declined by Apple

The gift card used to work in the beginning of 2023, but then it’s not working for Apple. The gift card only works for Steam and Microsoft, but not Apple.

The card number, expiration date, CVV, and the billing address do match and used to work, now it doesn’t.

Can someone help me here?

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 5:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 9:12 PM

The article "What type of gift card do I have?" explains the different kinds of gift cards Apple uses and has links on how to redeem them and what can be purchased with each kind. Click on the link --> What type of gift card do I have? - Apple Support

Typically gift cards do not function as true credit or debit cards and cannot be used as payment methods. To make your gift card fungible you would need to use it to buy an Apple gift card at a place that accepts your Vanilla card.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2023 9:12 PM in response to NathanCastro

The article "What type of gift card do I have?" explains the different kinds of gift cards Apple uses and has links on how to redeem them and what can be purchased with each kind. Click on the link --> What type of gift card do I have? - Apple Support

Typically gift cards do not function as true credit or debit cards and cannot be used as payment methods. To make your gift card fungible you would need to use it to buy an Apple gift card at a place that accepts your Vanilla card.

Vanilla Gift Card declined by Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.