Gift card problems

I have a mastercard gift card that keeps being declined when i try to add it to my payments to pay for my apple t.v. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on Jul 29, 2023 7:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2023 8:15 PM

Gift cards are not credit card nor debit cards. Take the card to a store selling Apple gift cards. Buy one, then redeem the funds to your account.

The article "What type of gift card do I have?" explains the different kinds of gift cards Apple uses, has links on how to redeem them, and what can be purchased with each kind. Click on the link --> What type of gift card do I have? - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2023 8:15 PM in response to Bobby1025

Gift cards are not credit card nor debit cards. Take the card to a store selling Apple gift cards. Buy one, then redeem the funds to your account.

The article "What type of gift card do I have?" explains the different kinds of gift cards Apple uses, has links on how to redeem them, and what can be purchased with each kind. Click on the link --> What type of gift card do I have? - Apple Support

Gift card problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.