MacBook Keeps Crashing While Asleep

Not sure when this issue started, but I think maybe a year after I bought my MacBook, it began to not be able to function after having the lid closed. It will work as normal and after a while it will freeze, blow the fan really loudly and then shut off. I feel like i've tried everything and nothing has stopped it from doing so and it's beyond me at this point. I'm posting my etre results here: maybe someone can help me see what's going on.

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 10:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 1:32 AM

See if you can boot your Mac in the safe mode to rule out that this issue is caused by an external piece of software

Start up your Intel-based Mac in safe mode

1. Turn on or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key until you see the login window.
  2. Log in to your Mac.
  3. You might be asked to log in again.
  4. On either the first or second login window, you should see “Safe Boot” in the menu bar.

if the issue is not persisting in the Safe mode, then it is caused by an external piece of software

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2023 1:32 AM in response to scarterII

See if you can boot your Mac in the safe mode to rule out that this issue is caused by an external piece of software

Start up your Intel-based Mac in safe mode

1. Turn on or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key until you see the login window.
  2. Log in to your Mac.
  3. You might be asked to log in again.
  4. On either the first or second login window, you should see “Safe Boot” in the menu bar.

if the issue is not persisting in the Safe mode, then it is caused by an external piece of software

MacBook Keeps Crashing While Asleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.