You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Painfully slow Touch ID on MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Randomly my MacBook (m2 pro mpb) takes painful seconds with my finger on the sensor to unlock or use password. Sometimes it takes up to 10s.

It's literally random, sometimes it works instantly, other times it takes 2 to 3 seconds and sometimes (mainly waking up after a long time in sleep) it takes up to 10 seconds.

My Mac is new and I've noticed this behavior since last week when I bought it. I don't want to think it's a hardware problem and send it to apple because here in BR we know how long it takes, only my iPhone when I sent it was more than 35 working days just to diagnose...

I've tried everything, reset (there's no SMC on the apple silicon), re-registering Touch ID, etc. Just haven't tried factory reset.

It's under warranty, but if nothing works, I'm thinking of waiting for the next update to see if it resolves.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 10:20 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jul 3, 2023 12:46 PM in response to heitoralfenas

heitoralfenas wrote:

Randomly my MacBook (m2 pro mpb) takes painful seconds with my finger on the sensor to unlock or use password. Sometimes it takes up to 10s.

It's literally random, sometimes it works instantly, other times it takes 2 to 3 seconds and sometimes (mainly waking up after a long time in sleep) it takes up to 10 seconds.

My Mac is new and I've noticed this behavior since last week when I bought it. I don't want to think it's a hardware problem and send it to apple because here in BR we know how long it takes, only my iPhone when I sent it was more than 35 working days just to diagnose...

I've tried everything, reset (there's no SMC on the apple silicon), re-registering Touch ID, etc. Just haven't tried factory reset.

It's under warranty, but if nothing works, I'm thinking of waiting for the next update to see if it resolves.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.5

Your byline show macOS... macOS 13.5

we can not support beta release here in these public support communities...

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.4.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Painfully slow Touch ID on MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.