Touch Id is not working

I'm using a 14" MBP (M1 Pro). When I shut a lid and left it overnight, the issue began. I can't add a new fingerprint or unlock my MacBook with Touch Id, and nothing happens when I place my finger on the sensor. One hour later, the touch ID will function normally. And continue doing so every day. what should I do?

MacBook Pro 14″

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 1:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 4:30 AM

Perhaps this Apple Support Document may have some useful information.

Should all info from that Document not work on this computer, it may or may not be a Hardware issue

In which case >>

Then have a few suggestions ;

A - Have the computer evaluated by the Professionals who have the Special Hardware Software and Expertise to diagnose the issue and offer possible solutions

B - Make an Appointment at the Apple Genius Bar and have them evaluate the computer

refer below

Use Touch ID on Mac

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2023 4:30 AM in response to Lxp-

Perhaps this Apple Support Document may have some useful information.

Should all info from that Document not work on this computer, it may or may not be a Hardware issue

In which case >>

Then have a few suggestions ;

A - Have the computer evaluated by the Professionals who have the Special Hardware Software and Expertise to diagnose the issue and offer possible solutions

B - Make an Appointment at the Apple Genius Bar and have them evaluate the computer

refer below

Use Touch ID on Mac

Touch Id is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.