Can I copy a few saved music CDs from my husband's iphone to mine?

I have saved (correct expression?) some music from physical CDs to my husband's itune account using an external USB DVD/CD writer. I have them synced them to my husband's iphone.

I actually like some of this music so can I somehow download/copy a few of them to my iPhone? We share the same macbook air but have different Apple IDs.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 3:07 PM

Hello barneyhairball,

If you share the same MacBook Air, do you have separate user accounts? This keeps all of your data separate. If so, you can import the CDs to your personal music library in your user account (with administrator privileges) on the Mac, and then sync with your iPhone.

Add a user or group on Mac - macOS User Guide

Import songs from CDs into Music on Mac - Apple Support

Sync music between your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you are an Apple Music member you may also access your music library across all of your devices using the Sync Library feature that offers. That would help to save the time of manually syncing between the Mac and your iPhone after the media is imported to your library. This page can detail info on that if desired: Use Sync Library to access your music library across your devices - Apple Support

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2023 3:07 PM in response to barneyhairball

Hello barneyhairball,

If you share the same MacBook Air, do you have separate user accounts? This keeps all of your data separate. If so, you can import the CDs to your personal music library in your user account (with administrator privileges) on the Mac, and then sync with your iPhone.

Add a user or group on Mac - macOS User Guide

Import songs from CDs into Music on Mac - Apple Support

Sync music between your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you are an Apple Music member you may also access your music library across all of your devices using the Sync Library feature that offers. That would help to save the time of manually syncing between the Mac and your iPhone after the media is imported to your library. This page can detail info on that if desired: Use Sync Library to access your music library across your devices - Apple Support

Cheers.

Can I copy a few saved music CDs from my husband's iphone to mine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.