One of the usb-c ports on my MacBook Pro has stopped charging. Port next to it works fine?

One of the usb-c ports on my MacBook Pro has stopped charging. Port next to it works fine? Have tried all the online fixes, shut down and restart, reset the SMC etc. Anyone have any ideas?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 6:23 PM

Sounds like you already have your answer from great troubleshooting you have performed. The laptop has a hardware issue which will need to be repaired. Hopefully the issue is only due to a defective I/O Board as that is the least expensive repair (but labor intensive)....otherwise it will likely require a Logic Board replacement which is much more expensive.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2023 6:23 PM in response to rodcameron37

Sounds like you already have your answer from great troubleshooting you have performed. The laptop has a hardware issue which will need to be repaired. Hopefully the issue is only due to a defective I/O Board as that is the least expensive repair (but labor intensive)....otherwise it will likely require a Logic Board replacement which is much more expensive.

One of the usb-c ports on my MacBook Pro has stopped charging. Port next to it works fine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.