You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How get a genius appointment when I don't know the serial number of my iPad?

How can I get an on-line genius appointment at a local Apple store when I don't know the serial number of my iPad?

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 12:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 1:12 PM

There are many ways to obtain that serial number. Even if the iPad does not power on, the serial number is on the back of the device.

Here are details.

Find the serial number or IMEI on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies

Jul 4, 2023 2:00 PM in response to sberman

Hi Oldie63!

In my opinion, the easiest way to find out your serial number, is by following these steps:

[Settings > General > About], then you can see your serial number, copy it, and schedule your Genius Bar Appointment.

If you have the Apple Support app and it is signed in to the same Apple ID as your iPad, follow these steps:

[Apple Support App > Choose your device > Device Details > Serial Number].

This document can relay the message in different words: Find the serial number or IMEI on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Take Care and Good Luck!

Jul 4, 2023 4:12 PM in response to Oldie63

To find your iPad serial number, simply sign-in to your AppleID account from any computer using a web-browser:

https://appleid.apple.com

Having signed-in, open the Devices tab. Here you will find an entry for every device associated with your AppleID; tap the related entry to see full technical details of the device - including Serial Numbers and IMEI/MEID of Cellular devices.

How get a genius appointment when I don't know the serial number of my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.