Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Missing Album Art?

I digitized my CD collection finally. It's about 500 CDs and after using the "Get Album Art" feature, over 200 of the CD's do not have album art in the Music app. Really? Aerosmith "Get a Grip" doesn't have artwork in the Apple universe? Green Day "American Idiot?" Guns N Roses "Greatest Hits?" Queen "Classic Queen" to name just a few. What can I do to get the album art fixed? (Other than manually insert the art?)

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 4:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 6:09 PM

To retrieve album artwork from the iTunes Store for your entire library, choose File > Library > Get Album Artwork. Using the "Get Album Art" feature requires that all the metadata (on the CD) match exactly with Apple's music database including, number & length of tracks and what's in the Gracenote media database. The only other option is to manually insert the art.

Add artwork to content in Music on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2023 6:09 PM in response to Joe in LA

To retrieve album artwork from the iTunes Store for your entire library, choose File > Library > Get Album Artwork. Using the "Get Album Art" feature requires that all the metadata (on the CD) match exactly with Apple's music database including, number & length of tracks and what's in the Gracenote media database. The only other option is to manually insert the art.

Add artwork to content in Music on Mac - Apple Support

Jul 4, 2023 7:53 PM in response to Joe in LA

Doug's Applescripts at least has one that uses Google search and selects the preferred file size, but you will need to copy it yourself. Doug's Album art Google Search

Unfortunately, there are quite a few bugs and issues managing artwork if you use music you own since iTunes for Mac was retired. Always provide feedback here under Services/Apple Music, unfortunately there is no section to provide feedback for the Music App for OS and iOS.

Missing Album Art?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.